Monday, March 2, 2009

From my Prom Entries: My Top Picks





















This is moot and academic now. Alright, Sweet ran away with the choice for Lady of the Night. Adolf couldn't escape winning the much coveted Man of the Night sash. The tandem was handpicked by an infallible judge in Atty. Santos Torrena. No opposition here. No objections. No protests.

Adolf and Sweet probably had those sashes proudly pinned on their walls now. Or maybe laminated. Encased in glass. An achievement comparable to a Pulitzer or a Nobel Prize. I am sorry for those who missed out on the award. Karen was just missed out by the judges. Jigs should have protested the last minute entry of Adolf. But that's how the cookie crumbles. I would have gone for my good ole buddy Engr. Tambagan but he hied off early in Cinderella fashion before the clock struck 9.

Other than the two awards, I got my own top picks for the best photographed ladies of the night. Here they are.

9 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Atty. Torrena is infallible, alright. Besides, he's our (Adolf and I...) number one fan! Heheheh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correct again, Sweet. From here on, we will name the award in his honor. The Torrena Prize for Prom Prominence.How about that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh well...i did try my damnedest to be stricken-off the nomination list as i was the host.was actually surprised that paras didn't get nominated as he had that whole 007 look goin'...was also kinda hopin' somebody else would win as "corny man pag yung host ang nanalo"...as i said(or typed in this case)earlier, oh well....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adolf signed up for a blogger account to be able to post a comment. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. request lang. pwede i change picture. id gladly provide one for you.hehehe
    demonyita kasi masyado ang pix ko.hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Karen was just missed out by the judges" oh well sa walay pabor-pabor hehehehe...

    but hey hats off for the well deserved prom king and queen... too bad for sweexie walang tiara...hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. to lily of the valley:
    hindi ha!!!you look every inch a dark goddess in the pic...didn't know you had it in you, though!!!shocked me ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. to swexie:
    yup!!!and i am still wondering how i signed up...as you know, i'm probably one of the "low-techiest" persons around...remember, i just recently learned how to operate ym?and i only knew how because its there whenever i check my mail...thank God for yahoo beta!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah ok Lily. Sorry I didn't recognize you soon enough. I think it is one of my best pics of the night. The devilish look works good on you though. But that doesn't mean you are.
    Impressive.

    ReplyDelete